QuickerSim CFD Toolbox for MATLAB version 2.3 provides a series of new functionalities and efficiency improvements allowing users to tackle a broader range of CFD cases. The tools included in the latest release improve reliability, performance and speed of CFD simulations as well as user experience. A key feature of the latest release is a significant memory efficiency upgrade – now, you can perform your CFD simulations even on laptops and home computers with limited RAM.
A list of general updates and new features of the latest QuickerSim CFD Toolbox for MATLAB has been included below:
- Accuracy improvements and 3D implementation of the k-l turbulence model
- Radiation heat transfer in 2D and 3D – surface-to-surface models
- New iterative solver for large linear systems of equations allowing simulation of complex cases even on laptops and home PCs. The solver takes advantage of Krylov subspace methods such as GMRES as well as the Algebraic Multigrid method.
- Cuthill-McKee Renumeration for MATLAB’s native direct solver for improved performance.
- New input/output functions for integration with external CFD software such as:
- Import and export of FLUENT meshes;
- Dedicated function for export of data to ParaView.
- Mesh import in binary format for GMSH.
- Improvement of postprocessing tools
- Scripted mesh generation for basic geometries
- Improved manipulation of mesh order