QuickerSim CFD Toolbox for MATLAB version 2.4 provides a series of improvements allowing users to tackle a broader range of CFD cases. The tools included in the latest release improve reliability, performance, and speed of CFD simulations as well as user experience. Now you can perform your CFD simulations more easily on laptops and home computers with limited RAM.
A list of general updates of the latest QuickerSim CFD Toolbox for MATLAB has been included below:
- Indexing into the flow solution vector via the ‘indices’ structure is now based on logical indexing, i.e. indices.indu, indices.indp etc. are now boolean vectors of the same length as the solution vector. The syntax u(indices.indu) remains unchanged, however, something like u(indices.indu(arbitrary_node_number)) will no longer work.
- When calling assembleNavierStokesMatrix or assembleScalarConvectionMatrix without stabilization, the ‘nosupg’ flag no longer needs to be provided (you can call these functions with 1 fewer argument). ‘supgDoubleAsymptotic’ has been shortened to ‘supg’, although the old syntax will still work,
- Updated plotAlongPath – now plots results along a single segment, not a chain, When imposing non-homogenous boundary conditions (for both scalar and flow problems) using arrays containing nodal values, their orientation is now arbitrary. The appropriate functions now automatically detect whether the array is e.g. 3-by-nnodes or nnodes-by-3 and acts accordingly,
- When imposing non-homogenous boundary conditions (for both scalar and flow problems) using function handles, the appropriate functions now take advantage of the handles pointing to vectorized functions for improved performance (non-vectorized functions still work, of course),
- Performance improvements,
- Accuracy improvements,
Please remember that QuickerSim MATLAB CFD Toolbox now only works on MATLAB 2016b version and later.